Re: sudden spurt in swap utilization (was:cpu bound postgresql setup.)

От Tom Molesworth
Тема Re: sudden spurt in swap utilization (was:cpu bound postgresql setup.)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 25/06/10 16:59, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> when i reduce max_connections i start getting errors, i will see again
> concurrent connections
> during business hours. lot of our connections are in <IDLE in
> transaction state> during business
> this peculiar  behavior of  mod_perl servers have been discussed in
> past i think. dont' remember
> if there was any resolution.

If connections spend any significant amount of time in <IDLE in
transaction> state, that might indicate you're not committing/rolling
back after running queries - can you show an example of the code you're
using?

e.g. something like my $dbh = DBI->connect(...); my $sth =
$dbh->prepare(q{select ... }); $sth->fetchall_arrayref; $sth->rollback;

Tom

Сообщение: Re: Occasional giant spikes in CPU load
Сообщение: Re: Occasional giant spikes in CPU load