Re: Problem while installing PostgreSQL using make

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Problem while installing PostgreSQL using make
Дата
Re: Problem while installing PostgreSQL using make
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4 Jul 2024, at 12:27, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> Flex 2.5.4 is ancient. Version 2.5.39 was released in 2020 and I
>>> didn't look further to figure out the exact release year of 2.5.4
>>>
>>> You need something like flex 2.6.4 and bison >= 2.3. That's what I use.
>>
>> can you send me a link to download this version on windows as I didn't find anything other than the one I already
havedownloaded

> We don't use top posing in this mailing list [1].
>
> Sorry, I only have Linux and MacOS. Here are the scripts I use [2].
> Maybe someone who develops on Windows will answer your questions.
> However IMO your learning curve will be less steep with a Linux
> virtual machine.

Flex/Bison are only required when building from a Git tree, downloading a
source archive and building from there might be easier to get started.

    https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/

--
Daniel Gustafsson