Warning: End-of-Support for 7.4, 8.0

От Josh Berkus
Тема Warning: End-of-Support for 7.4, 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
The next bugfix or security update release for PostgreSQL versions 7.4
and 8.0 will be the last updates for those versions.  This is in accord
with the PostgreSQL Release Support Policy announced in December. We
urge users still using 7.4 or 8.0 in production to begin planning
migration to newer versions immediately.

Version 8.1 will stop being updated in November, so users of version 8.1
should be planning an upgrade this year.

While we regret the inconvenience to some PostgreSQL users, the
community has limited resources and time spend maintaining old versions
of PostgreSQL reduces the time we have to develop new features.  Users
who are unable to upgrade their PostgreSQL installations will need to
make their own plans for backporting patches, possibly with the help of
a commercial PostgreSQL support provider.

* Release Support Policy:
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy
* PostgreSQL Support Providers:
  http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

-- PostgreSQL Global Development Group

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: