Re: Could not locate a valid checkpoint record

От Norberto Delle
Тема Re: Could not locate a valid checkpoint record
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 24/6/2010 11:48, Tom Lane escreveu:
> Norberto Delle<betodelle@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> 2010-06-24 09:00:28 PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
>>

>> I know this error requires you to restore from backup, but,
>> unfortunatelly, we have no backup.
>> There is any way I can recover the data?
>>
> pg_resetxlog should allow you to restart the database, but it's anyone's
> guess as to whether the data will be corrupt.  A dump and reload would
> be a good idea.  You also need to investigate what happened to your
> pg_xlog files and take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.
> (Since this is evidently Windows, I would suggest being sure you're
> using a recent/supported PG release, and take a close look at what AV
> software you're using.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yes, this instance is running on Windows XP.
I ran pg_resetxlog against the data directory and I'm reloading the
dumped data in
a new cluster i created.
The machine is running Avira AntVir, but Avira played well with Postgres
so far.
What kind of data verification do you recommend? A sucessfull
dump/reload is a good sign that the data
is healthy?

Thanks for the attention

Norberto

От: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Сообщение: Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: HA for PostgreSQL (Auth-Server)