Re: SQL error: could not connect to database

От Kenichiro Tanaka
Тема Re: SQL error: could not connect to database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

At first,I think you lack some settings.
(eg. pg_hba.conf,listen_addresses or restarting)
But you say "I can log in to postgresql without password prompt using
the psql tool".

I can image some case,but we have to get some more information.

So I'd like you to try the following program.This program works fine on
my environment.
I believe this test can indicate which makes problem your environment or
your program.

Can you try this?

void GiveUp()
{
fprintf(stderr, "Fatal error\n");
sqlprint();
}

main ()
{
   /* declare variables*/
   exec sql begin declare section;
   char v_datcollate[256];
   char id [] = "database";
   exec sql end declare section;
   exec sql whenever sqlerror do GiveUp();

   /*connection*/
   exec sql  connect to :id;

   exec sql set autocommit = on;
   exec sql begin work;
   /* declare cursor */
   exec sql declare c_db cursor for select datcollate from pg_database
where datname=:id;

   /*1.select test*/
   printf("1.Select test starts!! \n");
   exec sql open c_db;
   exec sql fetch in c_db into :v_datcollate;
   printf("datcollate = %s \n",v_datcollate);
   exec sql close c_db;
   exec sql disconnect;
   return(0);
}

(2010/06/23 3:13), Juba, Salahaldin I. wrote:
> I am trying to connect to  database using ECPG  called 'database' - please  see the code below-.  When I am excuting
thecode I am getting this message

> Fatal error
> SQL error: could not connect to database "database" on line 22
> Fatal error
> SQL error: connection "NULL" does not exist on line 23
>

> How can I make the ECPG access my database. I have already configured my database to trust all local connections and
Ican log in to postgresql without password prompt using the psql tool. where did I make a mistake and what are the
configurationI need to do

От: Sebastian Machuca
Сообщение: Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-es-ayuda
От: Konstantin Izmailov
Сообщение: PQprepare in PostgreSQL 7.4 (lack of SAVEPOINTs)