Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: cpu bound postgresql setup. Firstly many thanks for responding. I am concerned because the load averages have increased and users complaining of slowness. I do not change settings frequenly. I was curious if there is any half dead component in th  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
  Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
     Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
      Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
        Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )

Your response somehow landed in the subject line, apparently
truncated.  I'll extract that to the message body and reply to what
made it through.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah <> wrote:

> Firstly many thanks for responding. I am concerned because the
> load averages have increased and users complaining  of slowness.

If performance has gotten worse, then something has changed.  It
would be helpful to know what.  More users?  New software?  Database
growth?  Database bloat?  (etc.)

> I do not change settings frequenly.

That doesn't mean your current settings can't be changed to make
things better.

> I was curious if there is  any half dead component in th

Have you reviewed what shows up if you run (as a database
superuser)?:

  select * from pg_stat_activity;

You might want to review this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache