Re: disable password prompt - command line

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: disable password prompt - command line
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 23/06/10 7:56 AM, Ravi Katkar wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I need a small help regarding the password options available with
> PGSQL, I found POSTGRE SQL has *–W* and *–password* options available
> which is prompting for the password. But I want to take the password
> thru command line argument and keep the password in a variable. Is
> there any option which will help me to take the password and used in
> the below way so that it will connect to the DB without asking
> password again.
>
> *psql -h %server% -U %username% -d %database% -p %port% --file
> File.sql >> xx*
>
> * *
>
> *Please suggest if there is any option to use the %password% variable
> using some of the options avail with PSQL.*
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ravi Katkar

set PGPASSWORD Variable. Then, psql will not prompt for password. It
will accept password from that varaible.
Following is an example.

set PGPASSWORD=postgres
psql -h %server% -U %username% -d %database% -p %port% --file File.sql >> xx

--
Thanks&  Regards,
Vibhor Kumar.

Office: 732-331-1300 Ext-2022