Re: how to create an admin user for restore database.

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: how to create an admin user for restore database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 23/06/2010 12:21, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 23/06/2010 02:50, Sam Wun wrote:
>
>> When I launched pgadmin in windows and login as user liferayadmin,
>> from the tools menu, the restore command is disabled.
>> I think the user "liferayadmin" does not have the privilege to restore database.
>
> Something else worth checking is whether pgAdmin has been told where the
> pg_dump and pg_restore binaries are residing on your local system.... If
> it hasn't, or if the path it has is incorrect, then the "Backup" and
> "Restore" options will be greyed out.
>
> Look in Options -> General for "PG bin path".

Actually, I just tried it myself, and apparently if no value is entered
in "PG bin path" then the backup and restore options disappear
altogether from the right-click menu.... I'm on pgAdmin 1.10.1.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie