Re: system views for walsender activity

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: system views for walsender activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le 22/06/2010 11:41, Simon Riggs a écrit :
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 09:54 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> I added support for Hot Standby /
>> Streaming Replication in pgAdmin (that was a really small patch, there
>> was not a lot to do)
>
> Well done.
>
> Does this mean that pgAdmin has a read only mode now?

Nope, it does not really have one. Though I intend to work on having
pgAdmin more aware of the actual rights of the connected user (allowing
him to get to display the "create table" dialog when we should already
know he cannot is an issue, at least to me).

> What are the details of that support? I couldn't easily see the commits
> in the pgadmin list.

Shamely simple : I only added some informations on the server's
properties. See
http://www.pgadmin.org/images/visualtour12/visualtour08.jpg. We only
display the fact that the server is (or isn't) in recovery, and the
result of the two admin functions (receive and replay location). Too bad
the other admin functions aren't there, I could have used them (and hope
to do so in 9.1). Too bad also we cannot know the primary server from a
connection to the slave (that's why I would love to get the value of
primary_conninfo, to found the alias/IP of the primary server).

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

Сообщение: Re: system views for walsender activity
Сообщение: Re: system views for walsender activity