Re: beta3 & the open items list

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: beta3 & the open items list
Дата
Re: beta3 & the open items list  (Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Joshua D. Drake"  wrote:
> Can someone tell me what we are going to do about firewalls that
> impose their own rules outside of the control of the DBA?
Has anyone actually seen a firewall configured for something so
stupid as to allow *almost* all the various packets involved in using
a TCP connection, but which suppressed just keepalive packets?  That
seems to be what you're suggesting is the risk; it's an outlandish
enough suggestion that I think the burden of proof is on you to show
that it happens often enough to make this a worthless change.
-Kevin

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Small FSM is too large
От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: beta3 & the open items list