Re: beta3 & the open items list

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: beta3 & the open items list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Florian Pflug  wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2010, at 7:18 , Tom Lane wrote:
>> I was thinking that keepalive was on by default with a very
>> long interval, but I see this isn't so. However, if we enable
>> keepalive, then it's irrelevant to the point anyway. Nobody's
>> produced any evidence that keepalive is an unsuitable solution.
>
> Yeah, I agree. Just enabling keepalive should suffice for 9.0.
+1, with configurable timeout; otherwise people will often feel they
need to kill the receiver process to get it to attempt reconnect or
archive search, anyway.  Two hours is a long time to block
replication based on a broken connection before attempting to move
on.
-Kevin

От: Daniel Ng
Сообщение: Re: to enable O_DIRECT within postgresql
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: extensible enum types