Re: Backups / replication

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Backups / replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> I don't know the rpm builds you're using; the
> Debian packages allow configuring two instances on two different ports
> AFAIK.  Possibly the rpm installation do, too.  Even if not: hacking up a
> 2nd start script which runs postgres against a different data directory /
> config file should be quite trivial.

The situation is midway between here:  you do have to hack up the
startup scripts a bit to get more than one server running with an RPM
install, but the changes are not too terrible.  There's a sample and
article about it at
http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/en/2010/05/install-multiple-postgresql-servers-redhat-linux.html

You are correct that this is much easier on Debian.