Re: Proposal for 9.1: WAL streaming from WAL buffers

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposal for 9.1: WAL streaming from WAL buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wonder if it would be possible to jigger things so that we send the
> WAL to the standby as soon as it is generated, but somehow arrange
> things so that the standby knows the last location that the master has
> fsync'd and never applies beyond that point.

I can't think of any way which would not require major engineering.  And
you'd be slowing down replication *in general* to deal with a fairly
unlikely corner case.

I think the panic is the way to go.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com