Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2010/06/15 12:28), Tom Lane wrote:

>>> Yeah, but so what?  Stephen's point is still valid.
>
>> On the hook, I'd like to obtain security context of the client process
>> which connected to the PostgreSQL instance. It is not available at the
>> _PG_init() phase, because clients don't connect yet.
>
> InitPostgres is called by a number of process types that don't *have*
> clients.  I concur with the other opinions that this hook is badly
> thought out.

I intended to skip it when InitPostgres() is called without clients.

For example, the hook might be better to put on PerformAuthentication()
for more clarification of the purpose.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: warning message in standby
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for 9.1: WAL streaming from WAL buffers