Re: What are the minimal files required to backup a postgresql database

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: What are the minimal files required to backup a postgresql database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/06/2010 9:14 PM, Alban Hertroys wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2010, at 14:20, Frank Church wrote:
>
>> I need to package the ability to backup a PostgreSQL database in my application?
>
> What are you trying to accomplish by that?
>
>> I obviously need to add pg_dump.exe to the package, and the dlls
>> required are listed below,
>
> You can check what dll's an executable depends on by using some MS tools. There's some documentation about that in
thepostgres wiki IIRC, look for debugging tools on windows.

depends.exe from dependencywalker.com .

Basically, ship everything in the `bin' directory where pg_dump lives if
it's listed by depends.exe as used by pg_dump. Also make sure to provide
and silent-install the MSVC++ 2005 redist, which you can get from Microsoft.

Do *NOT* ship any system DLLs.

> Something to do with SSL apparently; you should only need that if you plan to use pg_dump over SSL.

That depends entirely on how DLL linkage is done. If it's an immediate
dependency rather than a delayed dependency, which it will be unless
configured otherwise, pg_dump will fail to load without that DLL even if
it's not going to use ssl.

I'm not on a Windows box with PG at the moment so I can't test.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to backup Postgres via SQL commands?
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to backup Postgres via SQL commands?