Re: Confusing Linux download page

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Confusing Linux download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Le 14/06/2010 13:39, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Nope, Brendan has a valid point. If they don't care on how to install
>> their PostgreSQL software, even on their linux desktop, how could they
>> install it on a server, make any upgrade, and so on? Moreover, if they
>> aren't able to read one simple webpage, they also won't read the fine
>> manual, meaning they will ask newbie questions, already anwsered in the
>> book. Not sure we really want to help that kind of people.
>
> So what do you suggest we do - ignore them? Then we get a reputation
> for being unhelpful.

The page written by Magnus seems good to me. It clearly states what I
think: distro packages are recommended. And it lists all the options.
Beginning with the one click installer is not an issue to me, as we
first clearly stated that the recommended option is the distro packages,
provided they are available.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: