Re: checkpoint spikes

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: checkpoint spikes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Janning wrote:
> most docs I found relates to 8.2 and 8.3. In Things of checkpoints, is 8.4
> comparable to 8.3? It would be nice if you update your article to reflect 8.4

There haven't been any changes made in this area since 8.3, that's why
there's been no update.  8.4 and 9.0 have exactly the same checkpoint
behavior and background writer behavior as 8.3 from the perspective of
regular use.  The changes made only impact how things happen on a
replication standby, not the master server.