Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/10/2010 02:49 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

>> Is there any way I can keep my response fast but still get my pg_dump?
>>   Or should I move my pg_dump to a Slony-I slave?
>>

> 1. We're not dumping across the network.  The pg_dump
> process runs on the same physical server as PostgreSQL.

> 3. We ARE disk bound...

So are you writing the backup to the same disk(s) that support the db?
What happens if you do the dump from a different machine? You'll
increase network traffic, of course, but reduce your disk load. And you
won't be keeping your dump on the same machine as your live data.

Cheers,
Steve