Re: server crash => libpq poll() hangs forever (Linux)

От Marinos Yannikos
Тема Re: server crash => libpq poll() hangs forever (Linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 09.06.2010 16:37, schrieb Tom Lane:
> Marinos Yannikos<mjy@geizhals.at>  writes:
>> It seems that poll() never receives a connection closed notification under Linux
>> (https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2003-April/008335.html -
>> very old report,
>
> "very old report" is right.  What makes you think that has anything to
> do with modern kernel versions?

Mainly that I have no other explanation for multiple clients hanging on multiple
client machines (all kernel 2.6.18, some were Xen instances, the server uses
2.6.26) in libpq's poll(), for up to 2 days 10 hours after the server crash
(until we found/restarted them). 2.6.18 is probably not "modern", but reliable,
does anyone have more information regarding poll() changes in more recent
kernels? We'll upgrade some boxes and see if anything changes.

Regards,
  Marinos