Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
DM wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We want to replicate /move data form db2 to postgres is there any
> software / solutions / approach available to do this?

in general, I'd likely use a perl or similar program to connect to the
'other' database, fetch your data, and insert it into your postgres
database.  this, of course, would require knowledge of the specific data
you want to copy.   if you are talking about a live ongoing replica,
then it gets more complicated.   if you're moving applications from DB2
to postgres, yet more complications.

another approach might be DBI-Link, which is a plugin for postgres that
allows you to connect to foreign external databases from within a
postgres database, using pl/perl

Сообщение: Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?
Сообщение: Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?