Re: Auto-partitioning in COPY

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Auto-partitioning in COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Leonardo F wrote:
>
>> At this page:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Auto-partitioning_in_COPY
>>

>> I read:
>> "The automatic hierarchy loading code is currently integrated
>> in the code of the COPY command of Postgres 8.5"
>>
>> Is that true?
>>

> It might be true for Aster Data's version of Postgres, but not for the
> community version.  I have relabeled those pages as "Aster Data", and
> emailed the author mentioning the problem and asking why Aster features
> are being listed on our wiki, which causes confusion.

These wiki pages described features that were submitted for community
PostgreSQL a while back:

But that were both returned with feedback suggesting they weren't
suitable to apply, and so far they haven't been followed up on since.
I'm going to revert your edits because they just make the situation more
confusing (those aren't patches in Aster's product!) and label them
correctly.