Re: Synchronization levels in SR

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Synchronization levels in SR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
>> It's pretty scary to call a user-defined function at that point in
>> transaction.
>>

> Not so much "pretty scary" as "zero chance of being accepted".
> And I do mean zero.

I swear, you guys are such buzzkills some days.  I was suggesting a
model for building easy prototypes, and advocating a more formal way to
explain, in what could be code form, what someone means when they
suggest a particular quorum model or the like.  Maybe all that will ever
be exposed into a production server are the best of the hand-written
implementations, and the scary "try your prototype here" hook only shows
up in debug builds, or never gets written at all.  I did comment that I
expected faster built-in implementations to be the primary way these
would be handled.
From what Heikki said, it sounds like the main thing I was didn't
remember is to include some timestamp information to allow rules based
on that information too.

Сообщение: Re: Keepalive for max_standby_delay
Сообщение: Re: Keepalive for max_standby_delay