Re: PosttgreSQL on AIX

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PosttgreSQL on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ernesto Quiñones wrote:
> How  many concurrence can support a server with 4 PPC Power 6 and 16GB RAM??!!
>
> I was thinking install the load balancing in this machine but maybe I
> could run PostgreSQL in this machine without problems for my
> concurrence

Power 6 and Powerpc are two completely different chips, albeit with the
same basic instruction set.
PowerPC are typically used in blades, while the Power 6 and 7 are used
in systems like Power 520, 550, 750, etc.

the number of concurrent accesses a server can handle is heavily
dependent on

    A) the nature of the query workload
    B) the speed of the IO system, especially committed random writes/second

IBM will often loan hardware for performance testing.

Сообщение: Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?
Сообщение: Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?