Disable executing external commands from psql?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Disable executing external commands from psql?
Дата
Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  I'm wondering if it is possible to disable use of  \! to execute
commands in psql?  I see this has come up on the list before
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2007-07/msg00242.php), but I
don't see anyone saying whether it is possible or not, just that it's a
bad or useless idea.

It may or may not be a bad idea (e.g., carry some risk).  My scenario is
that I'd like to give people that I don't necessarily know (or therefore
trust) the ability to run psql for a database I've already set up for
them.  I set their login shell to psql, so they can simply ssh in, and
they are in psql.  From there, though, they can do a simple \!
/bin/bash, and they've got way more access than I want them to.

So is there any way to disable the "\!" stuff?  If there's a better way
to go about this, I suppose I'm all ears too!

Thanks.

Ken Tanzer

AGENCY Software
For nonprofits that want to take control of their data

Use it.  Like it.  Share it.  Build it.  Buy it.
http://agency-software.org