Re: plpythonu / using pg as an application server

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: plpythonu / using pg as an application server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Is there any good reason not to include this functionality directly in
>> the database? (Too much parallel processing, engine not equipped for
>> that kind of processing, threading issues...)
>>

> there are some issues still
>
> * missing integrated scheduler
> * missing autonomous transaction
>
> if these isn't issue for you, then you can use "rich" database without
> bigger problems.

These are very real issues. As workarounds, I am using cron on the
server to call database functions. I am planning on installing pgAgent,
but still haven't gotten around to it.
For autonomous transactions or what we might call asynchronous triggers,
I use the listen/notify mechanism and the server calls the function when
the Notify call is made.
Sim

От: Sim Zacks
Сообщение: Re: plpythonu / using pg as an application server
От: Sim Zacks
Сообщение: Re: plpythonu / using pg as an application server