Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> MSSQL?  Are you sure?  This is the example posted in this thread:
>
>     EXEC dbo.GetItemPrice @ItemCode = 'GXKP', @PriceLevel = 5
>
> and it more matches our := syntax than => in its argument ordering.

I think you are seriously confused, or else you are seriously confusing
me. The => proposal is to have the ordering "param_name =>
passed_value", just as Oracle has, just as MSSQL  has "@param_name =
passed_value", and just as the := proposal would have "param_name :=
passed_value".

cheers

andrew