Re: hi, trying to compile postgres 8.3.11

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: hi, trying to compile postgres 8.3.11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27/05/2010 10:42 PM, erobles wrote:
> hi,
> i tried to compile postgres 8.3.11 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

Possibly stupid question: Why?

Do you need the Pg server to run on SCO OpenServer? Or just a client?
Have you considered running your (presumably SCO-based) client with a
network connection to a Pg server running on something a bit more modern
and maintainable?

If so, is your goal to get a newer libpq built for SCO? Because getting
libpq to build might be a whole lot easier than getting the whole Pg
client+server to build and run.

I maintain a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box (thankfully now as a VM) and I'd
never, ever, ever run any service I didn't have to on it. It's a fossil,
and while I have to keep it around for one app (for now) I cannot
imagine voluntarily deploying anything new on it under any circumstances.

--
Craig Ringer