Re: [spf:guess] Re: ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [spf:guess] Re: ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27/05/10 03:25, Florian Pflug wrote:
> On May 27, 2010, at 0:58 , Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
backto a savepoint does not implicitly release it. You'll have to use RELEASE SAVEPOINT for that.

maybeeven "Explicitly releasing the newer savepoint with RELEASE SAVEPOINT will cause ..." make things clearer?

>>> Yes, probably - your misreading matches my misreading of it :-)
>>
>> +1.
>
> Patch that changes the wording to "Explicitly releasing the newer savepoint with RELEASE SAVEPOINT will cause ..." is
attached.

Thanks, committed. I left out the "Explicitly", though, because as Sam
pointed out the newer savepoint can also be implicitly released by
rolling back to an earlier savepoint.