Re: Open Item: pg_controldata - machine readable?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Open Item: pg_controldata - machine readable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/25/2010 08:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
>> There is an open item "pg_controldata - machine readable?" in the list:
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.0_Open_Items
>
>> The proposal by Joe Conway is adding a new contib module.
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B959D7A.6010907@joeconway.com
>> http://github.com/jconway/pg_controldata
>
>> Should we add the module to 9.0?
>
> No.  This is a new feature that wasn't even under consideration,
> let alone written, at the time of 9.0 feature freeze.  It does not
> get into either core or contrib this time around.

Yup, agreed. That was why I put it on github instead of sending a patch
to the list. It was also a quick and dirty hack -- maybe it could be
cleaned up for 9.1, but I'm not sure there was consensus that it was
really needed.

Joe

Сообщение: Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook
Сообщение: Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook