Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables

От: Joachim Worringen
Тема: Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
 Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Rob Wultsch, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  ("Pierre C", )

Am 25.05.2010 11:15, schrieb Thom Brown:
> 2010/5/25 Joachim Worringen<>:
>> And, is there anything like RAM-only tables? I really don't care whether the
>> staging data is lost on the rare event of a machine crash, or whether the
>> query crashes due to lack of memory (I make sure there's enough w/o paging)
>> - I only care about performance here.
>>
>>   Joachim
>>

> I think can create a tablespace on a ram disk, and create a table there.

True, but I think this makes the database server configuration more
complex (which is acceptable), and may add dependencies between the
server configuration and the SQL statements for the selection of
tablespace name (which would be a problem)?

But I am a tablespace-novice and will look into this "workaround".

  thanks, Joachim

Сообщение: Re: Query timing increased from 3s to 55s when used as a function instead of select
Сообщение: Re: Query timing increased from 3s to 55s when used as a function instead of select