Reverse engineering of functions ..

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Reverse engineering of functions ..
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Aloha!

Found another hitch with functions returning TABLE(). #191 says it all.

On a side note, the SQL example demonstrates another small issue:
     ... LANGUAGE sql
is transformed to
     ... LANGUAGE 'sql'      -- note the quotes.

"langname" is a name, not a text. For backward compatibility the quotes
are allowed, but we should still not add them.

See ..
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createfunction.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-createfunction.html
 > { LANGUAGE langname
(...)

 > langname
 >   The name of the language that the function is implemented in. Can
be SQL, C, internal, or the name of a user-defined procedural language.
 >   For backward compatibility, the name can be enclosed by single quotes.

Regards
Erwin

От: "pgAdmin Trac"
Сообщение: [pgAdmin III] #191: Functions returning TABLE lose necessary double quotes for names
От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: 60 GB of error log.