Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/19/2010 11:19 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> How do the distros generaly deal with that? E.g. do we have to wait
>>> for RHEL7 for it to actually show up in redhat?
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I'm worried about.  I remember going through this
>> with E'' quoting.  It wasn't fun.
>
> Right. So do we know what the policy is? As long as DBD::Pg is
> released before pg 9.0 we'd be fine, *provided* that they
> (redhat/novell/debian/whatever) actually pull in the latest version at
> that point...

well the next debian release (squeeze) is likely to end up with 8.4
anyway, same for RHEL6 I believe. so I don't think we really have a
"problem" there. It might actually be not to bad a time to break
compatibility because there is a long time for distros to catch up after
their next releases. For debian 9.0 will likely show up in backports but
i would expect them to provide a backport of the relevant drivers as
well (or change the default for the backport).

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta
Сообщение: Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta