Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry
Дата
Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> That puts a fairly large hole in recommending that people visit
> pgFoundry. That either needs to fixed or users will no longer be able to
> trust PgFoundry.

pgFoundry is a resource we provide the community. The projects there are
the responsibility of their individual owners. We are not going to start
being the license police. I at least have neither the time to do that
nor any interest in doing it. If people want to use what is on pgFoundry
then it is up to them to make sure it has whatever licence meets their
requirements.

What we should do is add the PostgreSQL license to the list of available
licenses and make sure it is the default for new projects.

cheers

andrew