Re: Bug in 1.10.3: Properties dialog for functions returning TABLE(..) is broken.

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: Bug in 1.10.3: Properties dialog for functions returning TABLE(..) is broken.
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On 14.05.2010 22:24, guillaume@lelarge.info wrote:
> Le 14/05/2010 13:42, Dave Page a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Erwin Brandstetter
>> <brandstetter@falter.at>  wrote:

>>> I have tested with a variety of fuctions. Any function returning TABLE()
>>> will trigger the error. Example:
>>>
>>> CREATE FUNCTION foo (IN integer)
>>>   RETURNS TABLE(a integer, b integer) AS
>>> $BODY$
>>> SELECT 1,2;
>>> $BODY$
>>>   LANGUAGE 'sql';
>>>
>>> Then try changing anything via function properties.
>>>
> OK. Fixed.
>

>> Unfortunately it's too late to stop the show now (due to the
>> PostgreSQL build schedule, and pgCon next week). We can push out an
>> additional update in a week or so if we like.
>>

> Not sure we really need to. This bug only occured for TABLE-returning
> functions and was already there before 1.10.3

The major reason why I did not find the bug earlier ist that the reverse
engineered SQL for TABLE-returning functions was broken up until 1.10.2
(ticket  #159). Therefore I avoided this notation and substituted the
(for SET-returning functions) inferior OUT-Parameter notation. Now, that
the SQL is fixed, I started to make use of the RETURNS TABLE() notation
and the problem popped up. I expect more people to run into this now.

If we decide not to got for 1.10.4 maybe we should add a "known bugs"
disclaimer on the webside?

Regards
Erwin

Сообщение: Re: Bug in 1.10.3: Properties dialog for functions returning TABLE(..) is broken.
Сообщение: Re: Bug in 1.10.3: Properties dialog for functions returning TABLE(..) is broken.