Re: Tags missing from GIT mirror?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Tags missing from GIT mirror?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
>
>> Yeah, but CVS has tags for the alphas and betas. Those are missing from the GIT mirror as the CVS-to-GIT converter
apparentlyignores tags completely :-(. Since there are no branches for the betas, this leaves the GIT repository
withoutany trace that beta1 exists at all...

> Really?  Then it wouldn't know about any past point-releases either :-(

Presumably when we cut over to git properly, we will use some other tool
that does import non-branch tags.  But for now fromcvs is effectively
the only game in town for incremental mirroring. Of course, if someone
fixed it to handle tags that would be cool ...

cheers

andrew