Re: what is good solution for support NULL inside string_to_array function?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: what is good solution for support NULL inside string_to_array function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>>> quietly removing NULL is maybe good for compatibility but is wrong for
>>> functionality.
>>>

>> I agree.  I wasn't aware of this little misfeature.
>>

>> Default display for NULL should be a zero-length string.
>>

> That's just as broken as Pavel's suggestion.  Unless you have something
> that is guaranteed distingishable from the output of any non-null value,
> you really can't make a significant improvement here.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Is this, perhaps, a generalized case of this long-running discussion
from last year?:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-03/msg01350.php

Cheers,
Steve

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: beta to release
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: no universally correct setting for fsync