Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4

От Steve Clark
Тема Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/07/2010 12:10 PM, AllieH wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.4. Unfortunately this has caused
> me serious problems with everything related to postgreSQL. It seems as
> though the new version of ubuntu is requiring me to use PostgreSQL 8.4
> instead of 8.3 which I was previously using. I tried installing 8.4 but I
> can't seem to get the database to start. Has anyone had a similar problems?
You are probably going to have to do an initdb. 8.4 db is not compatible
  8.3 db.
I ran into this with Fedora when they went from 8.3 to 8.4 in the middle of
the life of Fedora 12 - luckily I had been doing daily pg_dumps so all I had
to do was initdb under 8.4 and psql < my backup.
--
Stephen Clark
NetWolves

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4
От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: list of databases in C ? libpq ?