Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Srinivas Naik <naik.srinu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, the installed versions are below
> *postgresql-8.3*
> I just wanted to know how severe it is and how it can effect the
> database to result Memory Corruption/DoS.
Well, you're clearly *not* on 8.3.10, or you would not get the
error.  Perhaps you should apply the latest bug fixes?
http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release.html
As far as I know it isn't any more conducive to DoS attacks than,
say, your average syntax error; however, if you're trying to keep
that risk low, you should be keeping up with the minor releases
anyway.
-Kevin

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: including PID or backend ID in relpath of temp rels