Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/3/2010 1:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andy Colson<andy@squeakycode.net>  writes:
>> Ok, not sure what order its supposed to be run in, but I had done:
>
>> make
>> make check
>
>> which fails.
>
>> But if I do:
>
>> make
>> make install
>> make check
>
>> it works and passes.
>
> That looks like a shared-library problem --- did the "make install"
> overwrite an older version of libpq.so?
>
> I'd have thought that pg_regress would have a more obvious failure if it
> was trying to use an old libpq.so version though --- it should have
> looked similar to what you referenced for pg_dump, for instance.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I'm guessing so.. I'd renamed my install dir from pgsql (which is in the
path) to pg84, then done a 'make install'.

As a test I renamed my pgsql (which contains 9) to pg9 (so its not in
the path) then did a make check and it worked ok.

Then I renamed pg84 to pgsql (so 8.4 is in the path) and 'make check'
fails again.

-Andy