Re: missing file in git repo

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: missing file in git repo
Дата
Re: missing file in git repo  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> Heikki and I are both BIG git users, and I think Andrew, Simon, and
> Alvaro all use it too, though I'm not sure to what extent.

I am using it increasingly. Of course, I need to convert some of my
customers ....

> A couple of random things I'm concerned about:
>
> - the buildfarm, obviously, has got to work

That work is almost complete. My plan is to unveil it all in my talk at
pgcon.

> - we need to make sure that all the committers understand how to keep
> the history the way we want it - i.e. linear, without merges, and
> possibly even implement programmatic safeguards against doing anything
> else

That too will be part of my talk. I'm not sure how you would implement
such programmatic safeguards, though. We don't have such a huge
population of committers that we can't manage this by education, I think.

cheers

andrew