Re: Last modification date for Triggers, functions, tables ....

От Mary Anderson
Тема Re: Last modification date for Triggers, functions, tables ....
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2010-04-30, Didier Gasser-Morlay <didiergm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> --001636833a443f05eb0485777373
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to determine the last modification date of the script of a
>> function or trigger,
>> Same question for relations and attributes  ?
>>

> AFAIK no built-in way.
>

>> My purpose would be to be able to list all DDL changes having occurred since
>> a certain date, that would be very useful to me during application
>> development with a fast evolving db schema.
>>

> if you do nightly --schema-only  snapshots using pg_dump and store them over
> each other in source code managemnt system (git, subversion, CVS, RCS,
> codesafe - what-ever)
>
> Then you can pull a diff from that and see the changed.

Actually, there is an open source application called 'post facto' which
takes two postgres schemas and produces an SQL change set of operations
which will transform one into the other.  You might want to run this
nightly and incorporate it into your version control system.

Mary

От: Leif Biberg Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: returning more than one value from a function
От: Lonni J Friedman
Сообщение: Re: returning more than one value from a function