Re: SQLException.getErrorCode ?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SQLException.getErrorCode ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

> As I said earlier you need to check SQLException.getSQLState, not
> getErrorCode.

Why anyone would want to use error code instead of SQLSTATE is
beyond me, but since they're out there, perhaps we should implement
getErrorCode to interpret SQLSTATE as a base 36 number, and return
that number?  It might take less time than fielding the next
complaint.  ;-)

If that sounds good, I could whip together a patch for it.

The biggest down side is that we'd have to document it....

-Kevin