Re: missing file in git repo

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: missing file in git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cédric Villemain wrote:
> 2010/4/30 Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>:
>> I don't think the git repo was ever considered working for the backbranches
>> at all...
>
> Really ?!
> Then we have to remove the backbranches from the git.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git#Using_Back_Branches

Yeah, or fix them.

FWIW, REL8_4_STABLE and REL8_3_STABLE are working, I just compared them
against CVS checkouts. REL8_2_STABLE is not, it's missing a
security-related patch from December. I didn't check the other branches.

I have nothing against dropping the older branches, but please keep at
least REL8_4_STABLE, I use it frequently.