Re: Select with string that has a lone hyphen yields nothing

От Kenichiro Tanaka
Тема Re: Select with string that has a lone hyphen yields nothing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

The hyphen which written in 'Olympus E-PL1' is different from
the one which written in 'Camera - Black'.

em-dash
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2014/index.htm
en-dash
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2013/index.htm
figure-dash
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2012/index.htm

I have no idea to fix using PostgreSQL's function,because they don't equal.
I think you have to change the data or change the behavior of your
application .

Thank you.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         8736 | Olympus E-PL1
>         8736 | Olympus E-PL1 Interchangeable Lens Type Live View
> Digital Camera – Black (Body Only) (Call for pre-order. Available on:
> 2010-04-09)
>         8736 | Olympus E-PL1 Interchangeable Lens Type Live View
> Digital Camera – Blue (Body Only)
>         8736 | Olympus E-PL1 Interchangeable Lens Type Live View
> Digital Camera w/ ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 (champagne/gold)
> (4 rows)
>
> Any select statement prior to the hyphen yields a result, but from the
> hyphen on yields nothing:
>
> datab=# select product_id, name from table.product_synonyms where name
> ilike '%%Olympus E-PL1 Interchangeable Lens Type Live View Digital
> Camera -  Blue %%';
>   product_id | name
> (0 rows)
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?