Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?

От David Wall
Тема Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Things to consider when not storing them in the DB:

1) Backups of DB are incomplete without a corresponding backup of the files.

2) No transactional integrity between filesystem and DB, so you will have to deal with orphans from both INSERT and DELETE (assuming you don't also update the files).

3) No built in ability for replication, such as WAL shipping

Big downside for the DB is that all large objects appear to be stored together in pg_catalog.pg_largeobject, which seems axiomatically troubling that you know you have lots of big data, so you then store them together, and then worry about running out of 'loids'.

David