Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 28 Feb 2024, at 22:50, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
> On 2024-02-28 We 09:05, Jacob Champion wrote:
>>
>> Daniel and I discussed trying a Python version of the test server,
>> since the standard library there should give us more goodies to work
>> with. A proof of concept is in 0009. I think the big question I have
>> for it is, how would we communicate what we want the server to do for
>> the test? (We could perhaps switch on magic values of the client ID?)
>> In the end I'd like to be testing close to 100% of the failure modes,
>> and that's likely to mean a lot of back-and-forth if the server
>> implementation isn't in the Perl process.
>
> Can you give some more details about what this python gadget would buy us? I note that there are a couple of CPAN
modulesthat provide OAuth2 servers, not sure if they would be of any use.

The main benefit would be to be able to provide a full testharness without
adding any additional dependencies over what we already have (Python being
required by meson).  That should ideally make it easy to get good coverage from
BF animals as no installation is needed.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Add checkpoint/redo LSNs to recovery errors.