Re: PostgreSQL Performance issue

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A.Bhattacharya@sungard.com wrote:

> Dear All Experts,
>
> I am using in PostgreSQL 8.3.5 database on windows 64 bit OS.
>
> However, I have a batch program written in Java which processes the
> data and populates them into tables in Postgres database.
>
> I have *622,000 number of records *but it is taking almost *4 and half
> hours* to load these data into the tables.
>
> I have a simple function in db which is being called from Java batch
> program to populate the records into tables from flat files.
>
> I have the below system configuration for my database server.
>
> Database Server
>

> *PostgreSQL v8.3.5*
>
> Operating System
>

> *Windows 2003 Server 64 bit, Service Pack 2*
>
> CPU
>

> *2 * Quad Core AMD Opteron Processor 2376 @ 2.29 GHz*
>
> Memory
>

> *16 GB RAM*
>
> Disk Space
>

> *total 2.5 TB [C drive – 454 GB & D drive 1.99 TB]*

with one thread doing inserts, the other 7 cores will be idle. but
you're almost certainly disk IO bound.

OTOH, if you're calling a function (is that pl-pgsql, pl-java, pl-perl,
or what?) for each insert, you could be compute bound on that single
core. really depends on what that function is doing.

Сообщение: Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?
Сообщение: Re: Storing many big files in database- should I do it?