Re: gmake check problem

От Kenichiro Tanaka
Тема Re: gmake check problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jim

To resolve this problem, we have to indicate which SQL is hanging.

"stats test" executes postgresql-8.4.3/src/test/regress/sql/stats.sql.
we can see what the test does.

And we can see the log at
postgresql-8.4.3/src/test/regress/results/stats.out
So I suppose we can indicate which SQL is hanging.

What does stats.out say?

Thank you.

> I built 8.4.3 on Centos 5 with just ./configure and gmake
>
> When I run gmake check, the process stops at "test
> stats                ..."
>
> There is no residual postgresql or postmaster running (consuming clock
> cycles on top).
>
> When I break the process, I get the following errors:
>
> gmake[2]: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> gmake[2]: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> gmake[1]: *** [check] Error 2
> gmake: *** [check] Interrupt
>
> [postgres@bubachubs postgresql-8.4.3]$
>
> Any help would be appreciated.