Re: [SPAM]-D] How to find broken UTF-8 characters ?

От Andreas
Тема Re: [SPAM]-D] How to find broken UTF-8 characters ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Am 26.04.2010 12:12, schrieb silly sad:
> On 04/26/10 04:12, Andreas wrote:
>
> looks like a complete offtopic
Not anymore. The bad signs are in the DB now.

I'd need some command that filters somehow for inconvertible
(Unicode-->local charset) data.
How can I find those Unicode characters that allready sneaked in?

Actually there shouldn't be anything within the tables that NEED to be
coded in Unicode.

something like
SELECT * FROM tab_1 WHERE  field_x <>  ConvertToLocal(field_x)
might be a good start.

>> How can I get rid of them?
> iconv -c
AFAIK iconv would translate on file system level but I would think that
messed up a allready messed up Excel workmap even further.
I'd be glad to handle csv, too.

> BUT
> u should not have those characters at all
> if one is occured it most probably an error

Sure, but those files hit me over a chain of people who consider it ok
to convert data over numerus file formats, cut, edit, save as X, send
per mail .... then hit me and I am the one to clean up.

> AND
> u should get rid of this error itself -- not of its consequences.
Like quitting the job and grow flowers instead?
I'll consider this.   ;)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: silly sad
Сообщение: Re: [SPAM]-D] How to find broken UTF-8 characters ?
От: silly sad
Сообщение: Re: [SPAM]-D] Re: [SPAM]-D] How to find broken UTF-8 characters ?