Re: BUG #5437: Production db down

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #5437: Production db down
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
shanmugavel wrote:

> Bug reference:      5437
> Logged by:          shanmugavel
> Email address:      shanmugavel_m@onwardgroup.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3
> Operating system:   linux RHEL 5
> Details:
>
> Hi,
>
> i'm shanmugavel I'm oracle dba now i handle the postgressql db. now i face
> the problem
>
> how can i resolve that the problem
>

> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-05-14 19:47:51 BST
> LOG:  invalid magic number 000 in log file 0, segment 0, offset 0
> LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint record
> LOG:  invalid magic number 000 in log file 0, segment 0, offset 0
> LOG:  invalid secondary checkpoint record
> PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record
> LOG:  startup process (PID 9590) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

what sub-version of 8.3.x is this ?

this database was shut down 4 years ago and just now restarted? !?
thats odd.

frankly,  it looks like the file system holding $PGDATA got seriously
stepped on and multiple database files are corrupted.  got any backups?

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5437: Production db down
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5437: Production db down